OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Counter Sales Person is responsible for providing superior service to the customer in person and over the telephone. Responsibilities include assessing the job requirements and effectively processing inquiries, orders and expediting delivery of products to satisfy the needs of the customer in the most profitable way without jeopardizing the customer’s loyalty.
• Responsible for providing superior service to customers in person or by telephone;
• Responsible for completing the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; sourcing of additional products; and generating sales orders;
• Responsible to accurately enter quotations, orders, cash sales and requests for credit promptly;
• Responsible to ensure customer are provided with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information;
• Required to assist customers with the loading of materials into their vehicle as requested;
• Communicate with Purchasing Agent or Shared Purchasing Centers on product needs and potential product shortages;
• Verifies materials are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information from the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
• Required to notify Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
• Responsible to source and procure direct shipment, special and rush order items in a cost effective and timely manner
• Required to explain company policies and procedures to customers on warranty information, required deposits, returns, customer orders, etc.;
• Responsible to maintain and exceed specific profit margins on cash sales and counter C.O.D. sales;
• May be required to maintain and reconcile daily counter cash drawer;
• Required to develop and maintain customer relationships;
• Responsible to follow through on customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner;
• Adhere to company safety policies and regulations;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
• Acknowledges all customers in a friendly manner upon entry to the branch and displays a positive attitude when serving customers.
• Specifies with all customers when they need the product and enters corresponding information on all sales orders.
• Proactively proposes solutions to fulfill customer’s needs by advising them of alternate products and informing them of add on products in line with company initiatives and strategic goals.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency by respecting the customer’s time, promptly responding to counter business as a first priority and not performing other tasks while customers are waiting to be served.
• Honors company commitments. Uses proactive communication to deal with problems by contacting customers immediately when a deadline to commitment can not be met.
• Provides a clean, well organized and well stocked counter area that is accessible to the customer. Takes pride in professional image and adheres to company dress code and guidelines. Acts in a professional manner at all times.
• Demonstrates respect for customers and colleagues by treating people with courtesy and politeness, listening to others and treating people the same no matter their race, religion, gender, size, age, or country of origin.
• Seeks customer feedback and looks for ways to continuously improve.
• Demonstrates a desire to provide exceptional service to exceed customer needs.
• Participates in a continuous learning environment by being responsible for personal online product knowledge and company directed training.
• Applies recovery or conflict resolution strategies in an ethical way in line with our company’s core values and key principles around the Code of Conduct.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
• Using initiative to improve relations with businesses and to build stronger working relationships;
• Must be able to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
• Must demonstrate effective planning and organizational skills;
• Must manage confidential and sensitive information with appropriate tact and skill;
• Must look for opportunities to improve performance and deliverables.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.