OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Manage the company’s Real Estate management System (REMS) used to track lease and owned facilities and provide financial reporting on real estate matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties as requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon department growth and business needs
• Regularly update and monitor the Real Estate management Software (REMS) database to include the entry of all new facility lease info into REMS
• Train Real Estate Group and Facilities Department associates in the use of REMS software
• Assist the Finance Department with lease accounting and rent payment matters
• Supervise departmental secretary and other associates in the use and upkeep of critical leased and owned property issues through REMS
• Ability to read and comprehend legal writing and documentation
• Communicate/Correspond with Real Estate Development Managers, Branch Managers and facilities’ Project managers
• Abstract leases
• Perform special projects and prepare reports as needed
• Coordinate/Communicate with the Finance Department to implement and monitor real estate rental and tax payments
• Review lease documents to ensure correct invoice amounts
• Research rent issues with branches and landlords
• Calculate and implement rent increases when necessary
• Review and implement common area maintenance (CAM) reconciliations & perform lease audits
• Prepare letter agreements and other correspondence as needed
• Process request for certificates of insurance with regard to real property leases
• Monitor receipts of vacated Wolseley Canada property sublease payments
• Provide general administrative support as needed to members of the real Estate Group (typing, filing, copying, etc.)
• Coordinate tax appeals with consultants
• Establish, develop, maintain and update lease, facilities and operational preventive and corrective maintenance files when required
• Accruent (LA8) Rent Upload Modifications, Confirmations and Analysis based on lease and renewal documentation
• Analyze and approve expense and tax payments through LA8 for all branches by OneTime expense upload twice a month, the 15th and the last day of the month.
• Expense Payments and Cam reconciliation analysis and approvals for payment for all locations
• Ability to run and create reports in LA8 to provide information to Real Estate Manager/Finance etc. When required
• Property Tax Assessment Review
• Main point of contact when dealing with Landlord for any building concerns/issues
• Establish and maintain emergency contact lists of Wolseley Canada personnel and third party contractors
• Responsible for maintaining the Corporate offices security system including the administration of the access card setup
• Keep Branch Location Listing Updated on Facilities site on Intranet
• Other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
• Advanced Knowledge of Accruent Real Estate Manager software and report writing software
• Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) as well as ability to learn additional software packages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Impeccable spelling and proofreading skills
• Flexibility and commitment to complete projects/assignments--- strong work ethic is a must
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335.7375 or email email@example.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.