OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop mastery of all SPC purchasing functions including inventory management and vendor relations.
• Display the ability to understand all lines assigned to purchase and handle full load of external vendors.
• Knowledgeable of the following practices and philosophies of Wolseley Canada:
o Branch operations
o Review items for purchase; propose change opportunities as identified
o Purchasing product; understanding impact of changes such as seasonal trends
o Ensure consistently high service levels from DC and external vendors
o Special order handling
o Effective expediting from the vendor
o Efficient PO entry
o Vendor metrics; negotiating, monitoring and maintaining
o Display ability to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions
• Inventory management skills, including:
o Inventory investment
o Identify surplus / return opportunities
o Understanding of penalties and exemptions
o Ability to understand the delicate balance between investments, service levels, turns and landed cost
• Special reporting as requested
• Develop proficiency to handle larger lines
• Understand purchasing impact on A/P to PO reconciliation
• Consistently displays a customer service attitude toward the branches and develops a rapport with branch contacts.
• High productivity in work process
• Vendor communication
• Computer file maintenance
• Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
• Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
• Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
• Assistance during physical inventory
• Post Secondary education plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in purchasing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
• PMAC (Canadian Purchasing Association) Certification preferred;
• Thorough working knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and inventory control policies, processes and procedures;
• Demonstrates intelligent buying decisions
• Good freight / transportation understanding
• A/P to PO reconciliation
• Good product knowledge
• Proficiency using a variety of PC applications
• Understanding vendor catalogs, discount structures and the impact of price changes
• Familiar with ISO 9001:2000 and experienced with industry standards;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking
• Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335-7375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.