Warehouse Shipper & Receiver
Industrial Business Group
Jun 19, 2014
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the processing outgoing product
- Preparing and loading material in a timely manner so as to meet delivery deadlines and customer commitments
- Preparing pertinent documentation for shipment of goods
- Liaising with freight companies and inside/outside customers to determine shipping priorities
- Receiving all incoming shipments and authorizing for correctness of the product received
- Distributing product to correct area in the Warehouse in a timely manner
- Initiating claims for damaged goods, shortages/overages or incorrect products received
- Liaising with freight companies to inspect damaged goods
- Ensuring good housekeeping and safety procedures are maintained in shipping area
- Picking orders as required
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of the AS400 system would be an asset
- Knowledge of oilfield products and industry would be an asset, but willing to train
- Dependable and reliable. Ability to take ownership of the job
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Requires a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle a forklift indoors and outdoors
- WHMIS and TDG certification would be an asset
- Able to lift a minimum of fifty pounds
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
To apply for this position please forward your resume in confidence to:
Only those applicants stating the position and contact person will be considered.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Candidates: Please inform your immediate supervisor if you intend to apply for this position.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.