OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Warehouse Shipping Supervisor directly administers the workload, workflow and scheduling of the shipping team members.
The incumbent is responsible for coaching the team members. The Warehouse Shipping Supervisor leads the packing and shipping activities. The Warehouse Shipping Supervisor may also be responsible for the transportation activities. He/she is accountable for meeting the Company customer service standards.
We are looking for a night shift warehouse Shipping Supervisor. The shift is from Sunday - Thursday, 10pm - 7:30am
· Plans delivery routes to maximize efficiency and reduce costs according to resources available. Consolidates regular shipments to maintain efficiency.
· Determines appropriate method of transportation required according to budgets and policies.
· On a daily basis, arranges shipping Schedule according to the immediate needs of customers and branches. Consolidates shipments to maintain efficiency.
· Administers workflow and prepares work schedules of team members in such a way that work flow meets customer service standards.
· Uses appropriate means to optimize the efficiency of the shipping docks and the space available;
· Responsible for the proper maintenance and usage of equipment and machinery. Notifies Warehouse Manager of anticipated repairs or concerns.
· Trains employees on proper processes and sub-processes as notified by the Distribution / Warehouse Manager. Trains on specific tasks such as proper equipment usage, material handling and maintenance.
· Provides coaching and supervision. Reports the ongoing performance of team members; identifies superior performers with development potential and notifies the Warehouse Manager of it.
· See to the application of safety standards.
· Ensures all team members achieve proper housekeeping within area of responsibility. Ensures area of responsibility is well maintained, productive and in compliance with the companies policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
· Works in a warehouse serving several branches located in the same city or in other regions even other provinces.
· Reviews variance reports for specific area of responsibility and offers solutions to ensure level of productivity is received and resolve current and anticipated concerns.
· Recommends routine expenditures for daily administrative operations and notifies and/or obtains approval from Warehouse Manager for major expenditures for equipment and machinery.
· High School education.
· 2 to 5 years of experience in the distribution/warehouse field, ideally in a HVAC/R related field.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Capable to set priorities.
· Supervision experience.
· Management style using team work and customer focus.
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
To apply forward a copy of your resumes, in confidence, to:
Attn: Human Resources
880 Laurentian Drive
Burlington, ON L7N 3V6
PLEASE QUOTE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.