OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for providing superior customer service to customers over the phone or in person. Responsibilities include assessing the customer needs promptly and efficiently, making product recommendations, providing accurate information regarding the product details, taking sales orders and ensuring that delivery times and information are recorded accurately to ensure that we exceed the customers’ expectations.
· Responsible for completing the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; sourcing of additional products; and generating sales orders;
· Responsible to accurately enter quotations and orders into the system;
· Responsible to ensure customers are provided with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information;
· Required to make sales calls to new and existing customers to maintain relationships and to cultivate additional business;
· Responsible for preparing quotations and process orders on behalf of outside sales staff;
· Responsible for responding to customers requests and inquiries in a timely manner;
· Responsible for achieving sales targets and objectives as set by manager;
· Required to understand customer needs and promote and up sell products;
· Adheres to company safety policies and regulations;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Post Secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a similar role, preferably within a wholesale distribution environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Must be computer literate, knowledge of AS400 system would be an asset.
· High level of commitment to exceptional customer service;
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
· Knowledgeable of industry products;
· Must have excellent telephone skills.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
To apply forward a copy of your resume, in confidence, to:
Attn: Human Resources
880 Laurentian Drive
Burlington, ON L7N 3V6
PLEASE QUOTE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.