OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Primarily responsible for customer service by assisting customers on the showroom floor, handling incoming showroom phone calls, following up on orders, etc.
· Responsible for receiving requests and responding to inquiries from customers;
· Assessing customer needs and provide expert advice about available products;
· Prepares sales orders for and enters the orders into the system;
· Evaluate customer’s needs and promote products by demonstrating features and benefits of any product;
· Responsible for making quotations and process orders;
· Builds and maintains customers relationships;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Receives requests for quotations, orders, and lead times from customers. Makes quotations on standard items, writes orders, and relays pertinent order information to customers.
· Post Secondary education plus a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years experience in a similar role, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· High level of commitment to exceptional customer service;
· Knowledge of the industry products;
· Consistently meeting deadlines and goals within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Using initiative to improve relations with businesses and to build stronger working relationships.
· Must be able to take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems.
· Must look for opportunities to improve performance and deliverables.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335-7375
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.