Wolseley Canada is seeking a highly experienced Health & Safety Manager to continue development, implementation and facilitation of all aspects of Health and Safety at Wolseley Canada to ensure a healthful and safe environment at all locations across Canada.
· Develop, implement and maintain safety practices, procedures and the OH&SMS 18001.
· Participate in risk control relating to Environmental exposures.
· Coaching to reduce work related injury rates.
· Development and facilitation of safety training.
· Leading the company safety committee.
· Develop and monitor safety metrics.
· Completion of safety audits.
· Sharing best practices within Wolseley Group.
· Strong technical knowledge of pertinent Provincial and Federal Health and Safety regulations including Workers Compensation management, TDG regulations, National Safety Code (CMV) requirements and WHMIS controlled products.
· Strong knowledge of OH&S management systems management methods, 18001 OHSMS
· Clear knowledge of hazard exposure and control methodologies
· Understanding of behavioral safety process
· In-depth understanding of risk assessment processes
· Proven experience influencing management at all levels and effecting value-added business change
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints.
· Extreme attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment.
· Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, resource allocation, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development.
· Proven ability to manage conflict.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment.
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
· Working knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
· Fluency in both French and English would be a definite asset.
· Ability to travel as required is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Please contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335-7375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.