Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada is a privately held company whose parent company, Wolseley PLC, is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. Wolseley PLC is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 14 countries with a total workforce of more than 50,000 employees.
Counter Sales Person (Moncton)
The Counter Sales Person is responsible for providing superior service to the customer in person and over the telephone. Responsibilities include assessing the job requirements and effectively processing inquiries, orders and expediting delivery of products to satisfy the needs of the customer in the most profitable way without jeopardizing the customer’s loyalty.
· Providing superior service to customers in person or by telephone;
· Completing the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; sourcing of additional products; and generating sales orders;
· Enter quotations, orders, cash sales and requests for credit promptly;
· Ensure customers are provided with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information;
· Fill the selves in the store;
· Required to assist customers with the loading of materials into their vehicle as requested;
· Verifies materials are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information from the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
· Required to notify Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
· Source and procure direct shipment, special and rush order items in a cost effective and timely manner
· Explain company policies and procedures to customers on warranty information, required deposits, returns, customer orders, etc.;
· May be required to maintain and reconcile daily counter cash drawer;
· Develop and maintain customer relationships;
· Follow through on customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Computer literate. Knowledge of AS400 system and expert estimator would be an asset
· Ability lift material
· Bilingual, French and English
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
· High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
· Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
· Knowledge of the plumbing/heating industry would be an asset
· Experience in a related position would be an asset
· Requires a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Please state the position and location you are applying for.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.