OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Warehouse Supervisor directly administers the workload, workflow and scheduling of the team members.
The incumbent is responsible for coaching the team members. He/she is accountable for a specific area of responsibility within the order fulfillment process. The Warehouse Supervisor may lead one or more of the following sub-processes such as order entry, preparing and validating customer orders; selecting; packing; shipping goods and billing customers. The Warehouse Supervisor may also be responsible for other relevant processes, such as handling product returns as well as receiving, verification and stock replenishment. He/she is accountable for meeting the Company customer service standards.
· Direct supervisory responsibilities are applicable. Acts as a functional leader. Responsible for disciplinary action of the team members.
· Administers workflow and prepares work schedules of team members in such a way that work flow meets customer service standards.
· Perform and Post daily cycle counts and daily invoicing
· Uses appropriate means to optimize the efficiency of the receiving docks and the space available.
· Optimize the space and the productivity in his field of responsibility in the warehouse.
· Responsible for the proper maintenance and usage of equipment and machinery. Notifies Warehouse Manager of anticipated repairs or concerns.
· Trains employees on proper processes and sub-processes as notified by the Distribution / Warehouse Manager. Trains on specific tasks such as proper equipment usage, material handling and maintenance. Determines positions to be rotated and considered for training and encourages cross training between all team members.
· Provides coaching and supervision. Reports the ongoing performance of team members; identifies superior performers with development potential and notifies the Warehouse Manager of it.
· See to the application of safety standards.
· Ensures all team members achieve proper housekeeping within area of responsibility. Ensures area of responsibility is well maintained, productive and in compliance with the companies policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Manages a warehousing facility of around 40 000 square foot. Also responsible for an outside storing area of 10 000 square foot. Works in a warehouse serving several branches located in the same city or in other regions even other provinces.
Reviews variance reports for specific area of responsibility and offers solutions to ensure level of productivity is received and resolve current and anticipated concerns. Recommends routine expenditures for daily administrative operations and notifies and/or obtains approval from Warehouse Manager for major expenditures for equipment and machinery
· High School education.
· 2 to 5 years of experience in the distribution/warehouse field, ideally in a HVAC/R related field.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Capable to set priorities.
· Supervision experience.
· Management style using team work and customer focus.
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.