Industrial Business Group
Sep 23, 2013
Company: Wolseley Mechanical Group, AB
Position: Inventory Control Clerk
Location: Cronkhite Calgary South
Wolseley Canada is a fast growing, market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation & air conditioning, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection and industrial supplies products. Wolseley Canada operates out of 225 branches across Canada. Wolseley Canada has earned a reputation for reliability, quality inventory and customer service.
Wolseley Canada’s parent company Wolseley PLC resides in the UK and is the world’s largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products. Wolseley PLC is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies. Wolseley PLC has operations in the Canada and the US, the UK and Mainland Europe.
Wolseley Mechanical Group, AB has an exciting opportunity available at the Cronkhite Calgary South Branch:
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the responsibilities will include:
- Attending to Transfer Error Notifications; investigating, correcting, reconciling, and reporting errors
- Maintaining product locations
- Coordinating merchandising of products in a neat and tidy manner for the branch
- Overseeing warehouse inventory is organized and housed in an orderly manner
- Maintain effective levels of product inventory for the branch
- Processing defective and damaged merchandise
- Assisting Shipping and Receiving departments with product verification
- Reviewing variance reports
- Adjusting product on cancelled orders
- Performing cycle counts and other inventory management tasks
- Maintaining non-list module
- Special projects as required
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of the AS400 system and ERP/Highjump or other Warehouse Management System would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with plumbing products in a warehouse environment is an asset
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to take ownership and initiative.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills
- High level of commitment to exceptional customer service
- Requires a self-motivated team player capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Forklift certified or ability to be certified
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to lift a minimum of fifty (50lbs) pounds
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.