Manager of Product Integrity
Sep 13, 2013
Company: Wolseley Canada
Position: Manager of Product Integrity
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Wolseley Canada is seeking an experienced Manager of Product Integrity to start immediately. Reporting to the General Counsel, this individual will lead efforts on behalf of Wolseley Canada in relation to product integrity and related procedures/processes to ensure the products we sell comply with legal and industry standards and requirements, are safe, meet vendor specifications, and are sourced from vendors that meet our overall requirements.
- Develop a framework for managing quality processes and procedures, to include:
- the components of control, prevention, reaction, and continuous improvement;
- Identification of planning and requirements to ensure we have mitigated risk for all products/vendors entering our supply chain from sourcing or the branch level.
- Expand product compliance testing activities utilizing current Approved Manufacturer Listing process as a foundation.
- Conduct supplier risk assessments with a focus on due diligence and quality assessments, audits, and pre/post-shipment inspections.
- On-going measurement and management of supplier performance to include escalation process.
- Coordinate consistent corrective action procedures, including product recall, timely escalation, and customer complaint resolution.
- Accountability to and interaction with the Risk Committee.
- Accountable for decisions made in relation to Product Integrity initiatives
- Define key performance indicators to measure success of product integrity efforts.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
- Resolves questions or issues that arise in relation to Product Integrity.
- Escalates issues appropriately to General Counsel and/or Risk Committee
- Travel as needed
Relating to People Externally:
Relating to People Internally:
- Risk Committee
- Private Label
- Business Group Leaders and GMs.
- Post Secondary education in Business plus a minimum of ten (10) years related, industry experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Process oriented with a focus on accuracy and details.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate in a complex environment that requires coordination across several functional areas involving various business owners.
- Strong organizational skills, judgment and decision-making ability.
- Effective leadership and people management skills.
- Fluency in English and French languages would be a definite asset.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.