OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for developing and driving the HVAC/R strategy and delivering results through both its stand alone branches and leveraging the Blended branch structure, network and customer base. It is accountable for proactively seeking out business opportunities that support Wolseley Canada’s strategic plan. It will involve creating sales, marketing and product strategy working closely with our vendor network and business partners. This position provides high quality strategic advice to the senior leadership team of Wolseley Canada, with the ultimate objective of enhancing shareholder value.
· Continue to develop a national HVAC/R business strategy creating a presence in the marketplace that highlights Wolseley’s expertise and capabilities;
· Analyze key market dynamics and trends for impact and opportunity;
· Identify business opportunities that offer growth potential and align with business goals;
· Manage key external relationships with strategic partners, including key vendors;
· Contribute to a positive work climate through building trust, communicating openly and working collaboratively at all levels of the business.
· Regularly monitor and measure the efficiency of implemented projects and initiatives;
· Lead and manage the HVAC management team through the matrix organization structure
· Provision of a high level of customer service in the maintenance of existing national customer accounts e.g.: Direct Energy, Reliance;
· Identify ,develop and grow talent within the HVAC/R business
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Member of the Plumbing / HVAC/R senior management team, with direct responsibility for managing and driving the performance of the HVAC/R business unit that contributes $180+ million in revenue; with a growth target of 300 million. Current focus is in Ontario, and Eastern Canada, with significant growth opportunities in Western Canada. This role is accountable for the customer proposition, sales, margins and HVAC/R associates nationally throughout Canada.
· Post Secondary education in Business or related field plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years industry experience, including at least five (5) years in a management capacity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Knowledge of business and management principles and techniques with an in depth understanding of the issues that exist in the wholesale distribution industry;
· Familiarity with customer service and human resources principles and practices;
· Knowledgeable of the competition and aware of strategy and tactics;
· Ability to read and interpret relevant documents such as contract, specification sheets and manuals.
· Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development;
· Proven experience influencing management at all levels and effecting value-added business change;
· Strong presentation skills;
· Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
· Proven ability to manage conflict;
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization both oral and written;
· Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Working knowledge of MS Office applications is required;
· Fluency in both French and English is a prerequisite.
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
· Customers and vendors;
· Government agencies;
· Industry and professional organizations;
· Contacts from other companies within the Wolseley group of companies.
RELATING TO PEOPLE INTERNALLY
· Senior Management team;
· Business Development team;
· Branch Area Management team;
· All other employees as required.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Provide guidance and influence the senior leadership team on all business related activities;
· Assessing performance, providing feedback and initiating changes where required to improve performance of the business;
· Motivating, developing and promoting direct reports within area of responsibility to meet the challenges and expectations;
· Aware of the relevant competitive environment and is knowledgeable about market trends, technologies and practices affecting the industry;
· Manage the dynamics of both stand alone branches and the blended business as key sales channels
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR DECISION MAKING
· Development and execution of an HVAC/R business strategy creating a presence in the marketplace that highlights Wolseley’s expertise and capabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335.7375 or email email@example.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.