OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for the day-to-day operations in the Branch in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Directs and supervises warehouse operations such as shipping, receiving, maintenance of inventory and other material handling activities.
· Providing direction, training, coaching and leadership to branch employees.
· Managing the overall operations of the branch ensuring customer service levels are met.
· Cultivating and managing key business relationships within assigned territory.
· Planning and organizing branch to fulfill sales, trading profit and company objectives.
· Creating and maintaining strategic alliances with vendors.
· Demonstrated ability to lead and build a successful team.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives within a highly competitive market.
· Exceptional customer service skills.
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience with Microsoft Office programs and AS400 is an asset.
· Product knowledge of the industry is required.
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Assessing performance, providing feedback and initiating changes where required to improve performance of the branch.
· Motivating, developing and promoting people within the branch to meet the challenges.
· Problems are not readily apparent. Symptoms may be vague. Information may be incomplete. Requires further inquiry, which is generally confined to a related work area. Solutions require interpretation of information and independent judgment.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.