SPC Inventory Planner, Bilingual
Jun 20, 2013
This challenging position will develop a mastery of all SPC Inventory Planning functions including internal customer relations and inventory management.
Reporting to the Inventory Planning Manager/Supervisor, the responsibilities will include:
- Display the ability to understand all processes related to meeting branch inventory needs.
- Consistently display a customer service attitude and develops a rapport with branch contacts
- Ability to serve as the primary contact for multiple size branches.
- Develop a close understanding of the branches assigned, including:
- Operational structure
- Facilities limitations
- Inventory requirements to meet the needs of the business
- Proactively looks for ways to serve the assigned branches in a timely manner and actively solicits branch feedback for improvement.
- Knowledgeable in the following practices and philosophies:
- Review and purchase items from the Distribution Center based on branch needs
- Adjustments to all replenishment system settings to support inventory targets and service level goals
- Effective expediting skills
- Efficient PO entry
- Display ability to identify areas for improvement and develop solutions
- Inventory management skills, including:
- Inventory investment
- Identify surplus / return opportunities
- Ability to understand the delicate balance between investments, service levels, turns and landed cost.
- Learn to utilize various related departments, developing rapport with key contacts.
- Follow SPC and Inventory Planning Team SOPs and make suggestions for improvement
- Displays computer file maintenance skills
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service.
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company.
- Proficiency using a variety of PC applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking.
- Purchasing and or inventory management experience an asset
Fluency in both French and English is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources
PLEASE QUOTE THE POSITION AND LOCATION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.