OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The person is responsible for shipping and/or receiving the material and authorizing for correctness. Responsible also to complete tasks in a timely manner so that material is quickly sorted and shelved or stored in the yard to ensure maximum availability for the customer.
· Obtains bill of lading to verify all incoming shipments and authorizes accepted material. Ensures proper safety measures are followed to off-load cargo. Verifies material received against attached invoices and ensures no damage is evident to the exterior boxes or fragile material. Follows receiving procedures to ensure all damaged material is accounted for and proper claim forms are completed. Maintains log receipt of all material accepted and delivered.
· Determines stocking location according to procedures. Places stock in appropriate area to ensure accessibility on the fast moving items. Identifies all non-stock items and assigns a temporary stocking location. Issues placement instructions for the selectors on non-stock items to ensure immediate retrieval. Performs product spot-checks and notifies applicable supervisor or manager of discrepancies.
· Obtains sales order from the office and sorts as required for priority pick-up, large bulk items and items requiring major preparation time. Selects products off the shelves, racks or in the yard by location codes specified on the S/O. Utilizes forklift or reach truck to obtain material and follows proper safety measures. Verifies products selected and ensures the proper quantities are obtained.
· Completes necessary shipping documentation to accompany orders. Notifies appropriate individual of any discrepancies or adjustments to inventory to ensure immediate resolution of problems. Determines appropriate method of transportation required. Prepares shipping material with the appropriate packaging and labeling. Consolidates skids to maintain efficiency and ensure no damage or breakage to the material and identifies destination.
· High School education plus a minimum of (3) months related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ideally able to drive a forklift. If not, willing and able to learn how to drive a forklift.
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.