Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening for a one-year contract in the role of Database Analyst at our corporate headquarters in Burlington Ontario. Reporting to the Business Reporting Manager, the responsibilities will include:
Cognos / Reporting:
· Ad hoc report generation using Cognos 7.4
· Creation of Cognos cubes
· Validation of Cognos cubes and report data
· Updating numerous servers with the latest Cognos cubes and reports
· Installation of Cognos on local machines
· Setup of user accounts, passwords, access levels, etc.
· Creating various scheduled backup copies of data
· Updating source files on a monthly basis
Database and Programming:
· The complete design and development of new database projects including, but not limited to, the creation of normalized databases, queries, views, stored procedures, reports, interfaces, etc.
· Requirement gathering for projects
· Transforming current manual processes into fully automated solutions
· Training users on new processes/custom applications
· Modifying existing databases, applications, and processes
· Querying, updating, and validating data in each database environment
· Programming and debugging new and existing custom built applications
· Batch file creation and distribution
· Post Secondary education in a related field plus a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years in programming and database development, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong background in Computer Programming, Application Development, Computer Science, or equivalent.
· Strong Technical knowledge of and practical experience in Access 2003, Access 2007, SQL 2008R2, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Cognos 7.4
· Great attention to detail to and accuracy with details.
· Experience with AS400, Impromptu, Power Play, Transformer.
· Excellent communication skills and teamwork.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Fluency in both French and English languages would be a definite asset.
To apply, please forward your resume by email to email@example.com or by fax to (905) 315.3640 to be considered for this vacancy.
Please quote the position title in the subject line.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.