OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing advanced administrative, technical and project management support, requiring a high degree of professionalism and initiative to the Director, Sourcing, and respective management team as required.
· Manages all calendar scheduling, coordinating availability of associated team members/clients by time zone
· Primary contact for/on behalf of the Director, Sourcing and respective management team
· Provide administrative assistance to the Director, Sourcing and respective management team, including making all necessary travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, setting up conference calls, managing schedules/setting up meetings, and preparing correspondence, reports and presentations;
· Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of events for internal and external meetings and conferences/seminars (determine event requirements, obtain quotes, catering arrangements, provide a recommendation, schedule, attend the event for record keeping, distribute survey for feedback and analyze results for future event planning);
· Receive and read incoming correspondence and information. Summarize and prioritize correspondence;
· Screen items to be handled personally and forward remainder with necessary background materials;
· Prepare materials for conferences, speaking engagements and special projects; including PowerPoint presentations;
· Attend & facilitate meetings and document discussions and actions (taking minutes) to track decisions and follow up items;
· Creating presentations, reports and documents, relating to business plans and strategy;
· Providing support for special projects as assigned.
· Manage all calendar scheduling, coordinating availability of Sourcing Department for meetings, conference calls, video conference calls, etc.
· Greet vendors prior to in office meetings (take to meeting room, offer coffee)
· Schedule weekly department Alignment Meetings with Sourcing and Product Management
· Schedule Quarterly Business Review Meetings with Strategic Vendors
· Register Sourcing/Product Management team for various Trade Shows/Conferences/Seminars
· Assist Marketing and Product Management Groups with meetings and lunches
· Content Contributor for Sourcing and Product Management portals on Wolseley’s Intranet (The Pulse).
· Distribute all incoming mail for the Sourcing team and process outgoing mail
· Compile timesheets on a bi-weekly basis for Sourcing, Marketing and Product Management and submit to payroll
· Schedule DC Vendor Tours with Vendors and attend when needed
· Maintain Sourcing National Contact List
· Schedule all National Rebate Vendor Meetings
· Post Secondary education in Business Administration or related field plus a minimum of five (5) years work experience in a similar role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel: must be able to craft templates and PowerPoint presentations, importing, up-loading and organizing data/information from several resource streams.
· Excellent Interpersonal and strong communication skills, both oral and written;
· Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work, multi-tasking, and consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment;
· Extreme attention to detail;
· Ability to handle confidential information;
· Strong initiative and business logic skills;
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
· External Vendors;
· Incoming Phone Calls;
RELATING TO PEOPLE INTERNALLY
· Senior Leadership Team;
· All other employees as encountered.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality;
· Where knowledge is limited, refers inquiries to other staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.