Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Representative/Showroom. The branch Location will be determined based on the candidate chosen. This position requires extensive travel throughout Ontario and Atlantic.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To implement our showroom product strategy in the showroom channel to independent showroom dealers across Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Achieve growth initiatives of showroom channel sales and gross profit margin within the dealer network.
· Communicates with existing showroom channel customers to secure continuing sales and maintain strong customer relationships
· Optimizes the existing customer base by promoting and selling existing and new products and services to our customers
· Offers professional, effective and efficient solutions to customer inquiries
· Serves as the showroom channel expert and provides marketing, design and sales technique support to the customer audience
· Provides quotations, channel expertise, literature and other support/materials for customers
· Develops new potential customers by examining market opportunities and potential customer needs, tailoring products and services and selling solutions to potential customers
· Implements the Wolseley National Product Strategy to the dealer network
· Works in conjunction with the Outside Sales associate who “owns” the account (where applicable) to develop and implement growth initiatives with current and potential customers
· Work collaboratively with each Regional VP, Regional Manager, Sales Manager, and Showroom/Counter Manager to ensure execution;
· Provide and achieve sales & margin forecast for the showroom dealer channel
· Develop and execute branch by branch territorial sales plan and reporting/tracking;
· Provide coverage to all applicable Wolseley plumbing locations;
· Coordinate and/or provide sales training, both internally & externally
· Coordinate activities with key decision makers in each market (Sales Managers, BDM’s, Outside Sales Associates, Builders, Remodelers, Designers);
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service;
· Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures;
· Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company;
· Work overtime as needed.
SCOPE OF THE JOB
Manages the showroom channel customer base across Ontario/Atlantic region to maximize sales revenues and gross margins and meet corporate objectives.
· Completion of post-secondary education plus a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years work experience in a similar role, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Knowledge of industry products in preferred;
· Working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required;
· Demonstrated sales and cold-calling experience, ideally within the showroom customer channel
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Must be able to interact and communicate with a diverse group of people;
· Strong ability to work independently to efficiently manage the showroom channel and accounts;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
RELATING TO PEOPLE EXTERNALLY
· Current and potential customer;
· Contacts from outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, associations and other external sources.
· Contacts from other companies within the Wolseley group of companies.
· Meet Sales and GM% objectives;
· Develop alignment and understanding amongst the outside sales associates
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
· Must be able to work unsupervised
· Must be able to manage multiple projects that have varying degrees of complexity and tight deadlines
· Must be able to take initiative and find creative solutions to complex problems
· Must demonstrate effective planning, consulting and organizational skills
· Must manage confidential and sensitive information with appropriate tact and skill
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.