Regional Operations Manager
Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening for a Regional Operations Manager for the GTA Region..
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To efficiently oversee the operations of all branches and provide problem solving assistance so as to achieve the highest level of customer service within the parameters of the operational expense budgets. Directs day-to-day operations in the Branch in compliance with established policies and procedures. Sets direction of operations strategy for area of responsibility.
- Monitors inventory turns at each branch in the region through profit and loss statements and implements action plans to address inefficiencies and/or operational issues if required;
- Ensures building security is properly maintained and effective measures are taken to secure warehouse stock;
- Monitors inventory performance to ensure required corporate turns are achieved;
- Ensures stocking and receiving methods are within the established conformance standards;
- Analyzes inventory reports to identify slow moving or surplus stock;
- Researches discrepancies in the inventory levels to improve operating efficiency;
- Plans the layout of the branch and the warehouse , taking into consideration inventory turnover, size, weight and other relevant factors;
- Achieving and improving the facilities cost, schedule and quality performance;
- Development of (and compliance to) all applicable resource budgets: equipment, operational and other requirements;
- Monitoring and effecting of preventative and corrective measures for a variety of performance, operational or business based metrics;
- Develop employee performance criteria, objectives and goals that align with the company’s tactical and strategic business plans;
- Perform evaluations of employee performance and implement appropriate preventative/corrective measures to achieve the department’s and the company’s goals;
- Maintain and ensure compliance to all applicable compliance requirements; Company Policy/Procedure, Health and Safety, Ethics and Corporate compliance requirements.
- Post Secondary education in Business or related discipline, plus a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years experience in a similar role, preferably in a distribution/operations environment, including at least two (2) years in a management capacity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Completion of or working towards PMAC or logistic management designation;
- Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development;
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, areas to improve, formulates action plans and implements changes;
- Proven experience influencing management at all levels and effecting value-added business change;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
- Proven strong business acumen;
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
- Analyze information and provide solutions to problems;
- Determine Company’s needs through gap analysis and soliciting input from staff, developing new programs or procedures within the Company’s strategies.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR DECISION MAKING
- Responsible for the overall performance and results of the operations team within area of responsibility;
- Accountable to meet growth expectations related to operations; develop and implement strategies to achieve these objectives;
- Accountable for the activities of the operations team within your area of responsibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.