Vendor Data Development Analyst
Oct 30, 2012
These roles will be responsible for maintaining continuity for Vendor Data Operations and coordinating procedures that will ensure Wolseley product and pricing data systems produce accurate information, while gaining operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Vendor Data Development Manager, the duties will include:
- Will be one of three (3) product category contacts for the Vendor Data Development team, interacting closely with Sourcing, Product Management, and Suppliers.
- Manage the day-to-day planning, operation and problem-solving for assigned Vendor Data Development Coordinator team to ensure required service levels are being met.
- Coordinate and schedule the compilation, standardization and load process for the master product file.
- Assign ongoing product file maintenance, costing, DC pricing and Mfg list pricing and program tasks to Vendor Data Development Coordinators and aid in setting the priority levels for the assigned tasks.
- Provide consistent and ongoing performance feedback to Vendor Development Coordinator team.
- Manage individual Vendor Data Development Coordinators to ensure performance metrics are being met, identifying areas for improvement and coaching opportunities.
- Motivate team to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Provide consistent and ongoing performance feedback to the team.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with internal customers
- Address and resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Assist and direct the implementation of processes and procedures developed to streamline the existing workflow of Vendor Data Development team.
- Work with manufacturers to gather necessary product information for the master product file; this includes assisting them in understanding the need for data, how it is used, and developing better ways of communicating that data when product changes are to be updated in the Wolseley Canada master file.
- Data quality and consistency across systems.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service.
- Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years company experience
- Strong PC skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level
- Familiarity with database tools and concepts
- Superior understanding of internal corporate services and how they interact with the business
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Highly motivated and willing to take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal skills required at all levels
- Proficient at Microsoft Access.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity.
Please forward your resume to:
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.