Wolseley Canada is a distributor of plumbing, heating and building materials and as part of the Wolseley Group PLC, Wolseley Canada will comply with the Group polices for Environment, Health and Safety.
Wolseley Canada is aware of its responsibilities towards the environment and is committed to environmental protection on a local and a global scale. The company is committed to the continual improvement of its environmental performance and to the prevention of pollution. The company will comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and standards, and with Group standards applicable to the business as required.
All employees share responsibility for environmental issues. Management at all levels has responsibility for environmental protection as applicable to the operation of the business units in their control. Employees also have responsibilities for environmental protection and are briefed on environmental issues and good environmental practices through training programs.
We will improve our efficiency in the use of resources, including energy, water, packaging and other raw materials and will liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure acceptable standards and effective supply chain management.
We will set objectives and targets to bring about continual improvement of our environmental performance. These objectives and targets will be monitored and regularly reviewed as part of the overall Occupational Health and Safety Management System 18001. This will include regular consultation with stakeholders and other interested parties.
This policy will be implemented through the Occupational Health and Safety Management System 18001 and will be reviewed on a regular basis to take into account any legislative, organizational and fiscal changes. It is communicated to employees and other interested parties and is publicly available on our website www.wolseley.com.
Environmental Objectives And Targets
• Increase procurement and sales of sustainable products
• Reduce and, where possible, prevent pollution
• Reduce volumes and impacts of waste generated
• Reduce the use and impacts of resources
• Commitment to meet legislation, regulations and other requirements
• Minimize disposal of waste to landfill
• Recycle or recover waste in any practical manner possible
• Ensure that ’special waste’ is correctly handled and disposed of
• Improve vehicle utilization and reduce harmful air pollutants
• Reduce the use of gas and electricity thus reducing the impact of manufacture of these energy products
Wolseley Canada Health and Safety Policy
Health and safety is a key priority for Wolseley, whether it involves our employees, customers or the communities in which our companies operate. Our aim is to create an accident-free workplace and we are committed to continuous improvement in health and safety performance throughout our operations. We will maintain systems to ensure full compliance with legislation and our Group policies.
• Wolseley has proclaimed “Zero Tolerance” for Workplace Violence
• Wolseley will provide a safe and healthy working environment and we will not compromise the health and safety of any individual
• Wolseley will provide the necessary training and resources to allow for the safe performance of day-to-day activities
• As a minimum, Wolseley will comply with local health and safety laws in every country where we operate
We believe that having effective safety management requires the involvement of employees at all levels.
In order to meet these aims and commitments, we will:
• Develop, implement and monitor health and safety policies and procedures appropriate to our business activities
• Identify the hazards and risks associated with our activities and put in place appropriate control measures
• Establish channels of communication that encourage employees to contribute to improvements in our health and safety performance
• Provide appropriate resources to ensure that this policy statement may be brought into effect and maintained
• Ensure work-related incidents and near-misses are reported, investigated and analyzed to prevent recurrence
• Provide sufficient information, advice, training and supervision to ensure that people under our control are fully aware of their responsibilities and are competent to undertake their activities
All employees have a duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy by:
• Taking reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions
• Co-operating fully to ensure compliance with policies and procedures introduced to fulfill our obligations
• Co-operating with us in maintaining high standards of health and safety
• Maintaining their place of work and their equipment in a tidy and safe condition
• Making proper use of equipment provided in the interest of health and safety