Financial Business Analyst
Jan 31, 2014
Wolseley Canada is immediately seeking a Financial Business Analyst to fill a six (6) month term. Reporting to the Finance Director, FP&A, the successful candidate will provide dynamic and focused financial decision support to the business through first class provision, analysis and interpretation of financial information and proactive commercial advice within an environment of effective financial controls and processes. In addition to this, the incumbent must also manage the production of timely and accurate information to the business through first class provision, analysis and interpretation of financial information, and provide proactive commercial advice improving processes and systems wherever possible.
- To assist in the production and interpretation of clear, concise and useful financial information for the business operations.
- To prepare ad hoc financial analysis as required by the business, including development of KPI’s for the businesses, setting of new branch targets and overhead analysis.
- To assist in the development of analytical and reporting models and tools.
- To assist in the review and preparation of management information.
- Review, identification and interpretation of business trends.
- Ensure the accuracy of information received from acquisitions.
- Input to the continual improvement of the business and commercial finance.
- Improve customer service from the Commercial Finance Team.
- Production of high quality and relevant analysis on a timely basis.
- Production of timely and relevant financial support to the business.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and investigating variances.
- Identification and reporting of KPI’s.
- Management and implementation of financial controls and processes.
- Efficient interaction with other finance teams.
- Pro-active approach to problem solving and investigating variances.
- Production of high quality and relevant analyses on a timely basis.
- Improvement of financial support to the business.
- Innovative approach to data analysis and performance measurement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Level 5/6 CGA/CMA or higher (or equivalent education).
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Proficiency in Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management and COGNOS would be an asset.
- Exceeds customer (internal or external) expectations by anticipating, understanding and meeting needs.
- Works across organisational boundaries (One Team One Company) and encourages collaboration to produce superior results.
- Communicates clearly, appropriately and regularly.
- Conveys ideas confidently and succinctly.
- Uses appealing and persuasive arguments; addresses issues of key importance to stakeholders.
- Actively listens to others; shares information; encourages two-way discussion.
- Takes personal ownership of decisions and their consequences.
- Appropriately delegates responsibility for decision making.
- Assimilates information quickly and accurately; considers the implications of decisions.
- Makes decisions, even in difficult circumstances or when information is incomplete.
- Readily assumes personal accountability for achieving results.
- Meets deadlines and achieves goals.
- Manages own time effectively.
- Adapts to unexpected events and continues to deliver agreed plans and objectives.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Understands key business issues that affect profitability and growth; takes action to maximise success.
- Encourages innovation and identifies opportunities for continuous improvement; open to new ideas.
- Understands their impact on the business.
- Demonstrates energy, enthusiasm and commitment to Wolseley.
- Exudes a sense of urgency to make things happen.
- Is proactive and takes the initiative.
- Demonstrates integrity in all dealings; is open and honest with people; builds trust, respect and loyalty.
- Actively engages in self-development; seeks feedback; learns from personal experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Please contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335.7375 or email email@example.com
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is committed to Employment Equity.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.