Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening for Regional Sales Manager in the GTA area.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible to coordinate the activities of the sales team by providing leadership, direction and structure within the area of responsibility. Responsible for the sales team to ensure maximum profits are achieved and consistent with the established goals and objectives of the business. Implements programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit. Ownership of the sales strategy including developing and communicating overall sales direction and market strategy.
· Responsible for distributing sales accounts based on level of experience and product knowledge;
· Ensuring compliance and providing feedback in adherence with corporate strategy guidelines;
· Coordinates activities of the sales team and recommends core competency training and coaching in the areas of: sales techniques, product knowledge, negotiating techniques, and time management;
· Manages sales efforts, including activities of sales representatives, negotiation and sales functions, monitoring of contracts; and measuring results in adherence with the sales process;
· Manages and monitors the performance of the sales team by empowering and providing support, coaching, leadership and measuring results;
· Coordinates and monitors recruitment, training and performance management within the region;
· Develop and analysis market information and trends to local market;
· Analyzes purchases and sales history from suppliers to detect methods to improve profit margins;
· Establishes positive relations with suppliers and negotiates pricing terms for large projects and contracts;
· Implements and ensures adherence to sales operational policies and procedures;
· Assists with developing and supervising the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs; prepares for and attends exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities;
· Maintains a positive work environment for the sales team within the region and acts as a mediator to resolve problems and concerns encountered with customers and suppliers;
· Maintains contact with major accounts; promotes positive relations with outlets, wholesalers, vendors, and other distributors;
· Analyzes and appraises the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results; approves display content and costs for showings requested by sales representatives;
· Implements strategic plans as defined by General Manager;
· Monitors implemented plans and offers feedback to evaluate business forecasts;
· Coordinates strategy with other company personnel involved in other regions when appropriate.
· Contributes to budget planning, forecasting and goal setting for the region.
· Post Secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline plus a minimum of ten (10) year related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years progressive sales with a minimum two (2) years in a management capacity, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development;
· Ability to think strategically and fully understand the long-range implications and consequences of business decisions;
· Demonstrated ability to understand and link complex operational and financial issues;
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
· Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
· Provide guidance and exert influence to the branch management team on all sales-related activities;
· Assessing performance, providing feedback and initiating changes where required to improve performance of the division;
· Motivating, developing and promoting direct reports within the region(s) to meet the challenges and expectations;
· Aware of the relevant competitive environment and is knowledgeable about market trends, technologies and practices affecting the industry;
· Contributes to strategies to mitigate negative impact of any relevant environmental forces to the business.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR DECISION MAKING
· Responsible for the overall performance and results of the sales team within area of responsibility;
· Accountable to meet the regional growth expectations related to sales; develop and implement strategies to achieve these objectives;
· Accountable for the activities of the sales team within the region.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-315-3640 or email email@example.com
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.