OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide support and administration to the regional operations function in terms of monitoring and reviewing operational activities while assisting with the maintenance and rollout of any operational policies and procedures within the region.
· Provide daily support within branch network in region to support Company standards, procedures and policies;
· Required to coordinate the annual inventory process and participate in physical inventory;
· Responsible for monitoring and reviewing the monthly tracking report on branch inventory surplus within region;
· Required to identify branches over acceptable surplus inventory percentage and work with Regional Operations Manager and Branch Managers to develop action plan get surplus down to an acceptable level;
· Responsible to develop detailed plans to assist branches in streamlining processes to aid in the reduction of surplus inventory including but not limited to the following areas: vendor returns, product write-downs.
· Responsible to work with the branch network in region to create hot sheets for selling surplus products in branches and any surplus inventory or product write-offs
· Required to monitor and review any inventory adjustment that are made within the branches in the region;
· Responsible to monitor and review that all branches within region are in compliance with Company policies, procedures and ACE controls;
· Responsible for the administrative operational requirements across the region. This includes but is it not limited to the following:
· All telephone (including cell phone) services
· Set up and administration of PCards and Corp Rate Cards
· System and I.T. issues
· Computers and other related equipment
· Facility maintenance and security issues
· Assist branches in monitoring Transportation expense (Carrier and Fleet) to ensure they are complying with company guidelines and operating cost effectively;
· Assist branches in understanding various Wolseley online reports and forms and how to access them;
· Ensures that branches in regions provide a safe and healthy work environment that is maintained by enforcing company safety and health policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Post Secondary education in Business or related field, plus a minimum of three(3) years work experience in a similar role, preferably in the wholesale distribution industry;
· Excellent computer skills especially using Microsoft programs – word and excel;
· Working knowledge of AS400 Syntax system would be a benefit;
· Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
· Extreme attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.