OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Counter Sales Person is in direct contact with the customers in person or over the telephone. Responsible to asses the job requirements and effectively process inquiries and orders and to expedite delivery of products to satisfy the needs of the customer in the most profitable way without jeopardizing the customer’s loyalty.
· Assesses the requirements of the job.
· Ensures stock availability as scheduled.
· Completes the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; souring of additional products; and generating sales orders.
· He/she is also responsible for preparing small order quotes on urgent contracting jobs.
· Offers product knowledge to customers.
· Performs necessary product research in catalogues and on internet.
· Offers alternative stock or non-stock items depending on specifications.
· Processes orders to completion and verifies with a generated computer ticket to ensure acceptance of the order.
· Confirms details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates.
· Verifies all items are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information off the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
· Notifies Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
· High School education plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in the industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience or Community College education in a related field plus a minimum of one (1) years related experience in the industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.