Branch Area Manager
Residential Plumbing and Hydronics
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible to manage and grow the local market area by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals and objectives of the business. This position will own their local assigned market and will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Sales Managers to leverage their expertise to develop strategies which gain profitable market share in their local market. This position has accountability for executing all strategies to their local market to increase sales and market share as well as to provide leadership and direction for branches within assigned area.
- Provide effective day-to-day management of the operations in assigned area in people management, customer service, sales, risk management and protection of assets;
- Drive corporate, business and marketing strategies to facilitate growth in area;
- Monitor controllable expenses and initiate corrective actions as necessary;
- Liaise between support functions and branches to facilitate an efficient flow of information in both directions;
- Ensuring operational and store security is maintained;
- Responsible for the coaching, developing and encouraging excellence from a diverse team.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Manage labour and branch operating budget.
- Monitor each branch in the regions performance and implement plans to address inefficiencies and/or operational issues if required;
- Post Secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline plus a minimum of ten (10) year related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years progressive sales with a minimum two (2) years in a management capacity, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development;
- Ability to think strategically and fully understand the long-range implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and link complex operational and financial issues;
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
- Assessing performance, providing feedback and initiating changes where required to improve performance of the division;
- Motivating, developing and promoting direct reports within the area to meet the challenges and expectations;
- Aware of the relevant competitive environment and is knowledgeable about market trends, technologies and practices affecting the industry;
- Contributes to strategies to mitigate negative impact of any relevant environmental forces to the business.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR DECISION MAKING
- Accountable for resolving problems encountered in the field and monitoring the business development results, regularly comparing actual vs. budgeted figures.
- Accountable for increasing profitability;
- Responsible for coordinating the development of sales objectives and strategies to meet the expected sales volumes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products.
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading
distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.