As a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products, Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening in Rexdale Branch for a Material Handler .
Reporting to the branch manager, the responsibilities will include:
· Selects product off the shelves or racks by location codes specified on the Sales Order
· Verifies products selected and ensures the proper quantities are obtained
· Packages products in boxes and attaches appropriate sales invoice to complete the order
· Packages material to protect fragile items and eliminate damage or breakage
· Utilizes forklift or reach truck to obtain material and follows proper safety measures
· Prepares proper packaging for hazardous material
· May assist in loading and unloading inbound/outbound shipment from vehicles
· Self-motivated team player, capable of managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
· Possesses license(s) for the required material handling equipment
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more; must be able to lift, bend and crouch
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Forklift Operation Certificate required
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
To apply forward a copy of your resume, in confidence, to:
Attn: Human Resources
880 Laurentian Dr.
PLEASE QUOTE THE POSITION & LOCATION IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR APPLICATION
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.