OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop mastery of all SPC Purchasing functions including inventory management and vendor relations.
· Displays the ability to understand all lines assigned to purchase, to build the best relationship with the vendors and to ensure all daily commitments to the branches are met including, but not limited to, inventory replenishment and branch requests.
· Knowledgeable of the following purchasing practices:
o Review items for replenishment from the vendors and initiate changes as identified.
o Expedite vendor PO.
o Place/expedite special orders (SOD).
o Working understanding of all aspects of purchasing including the replenishment system settings.
o Monitor service levels from the vendors and react to shortages.
o Develop the best relationship with the Inventory Planning Team.
· Understands and uses advanced purchasing and inventory management skills as follows:
o Inventory investment using the daily inventory report, the check book, the Temp r/o report, the robot and other tools/reports.
o Inventory control initiatives such as daily and scheduled surplus transfers, returns to vendor, inventory re-balancing.
o Seeks for on-going training to improve purchasing efficiency.
· Understands the various types of DC programs (sole, primary, alternate) and uses the tools to maximize the branch compliance.
· Works with Vendor Costing to ensure we are up to date with costs & quotes.
· Works with Finance Shared Services to quickly resolve any A/P to PO variances.
· Consistently displays a customer service attitude toward the branches and demonstrates ability to identify areas for improvement and suggest solutions to meet the customer/branch expectations.
· Develops a strong relationship with the business to understand their strategies.
· Helps in the development of the Purchasing Team SOP.
· Represents the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service.
· Abides by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures.
· Supports corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
· Post Secondary education in Business Administration or related field plus a minimum of two (2) years related experience in purchasing, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
· PMAC (Canadian Purchasing Association) Certification is an asset;
· Working knowledge of Syntax and WMS High Jump is an asset;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software(Excel/Access) is an asset;
· Working knowledge of purchasing, warehouse and inventory control policies, processes and procedures;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
· Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources via fax at 905-335-7375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Wolseley Canada is a market leader in the wholesale distribution of plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration, engineered pipe, waterworks, fire protection, pipes, valves and fittings and industrial supplies products. Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, the company operates 240 branches across Canada.
Wolseley Canada's parent company Wolseley plc is a public company based in the UK and quoted on the London Stock Exchange. Wolseley plc is the world's largest specialist trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and is also a leading distributor of building materials, lumber products and industrial pipes, valves and fittings. Globally, the company operates in 25 countries with a total workforce of approximately 47,000 employees.