Wolseley Canada has an immediate opening for a Regional Business Development Manager for the GTA Region.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support development and execution of national channel strategies that will drive sales and increase market share. Responsible for driving national strategies into the local markets and increasing awareness and use of the tools that are available to drive the increase in sales and market share. Will act as a conduit for sharing, collecting and identifying best practices.
- Proactively identify new and different business opportunities to increase sales and market share;
- Reviewing and analyzing the financial performance of target initiatives and assists in project management and communication of the performance of these initiatives;
- Work directly with national channels to develop, refine, and execute key strategies with an objective to increase both direct and indirect sales effectiveness;
- Translate industry and competitive intelligence into compelling technical market analysis and generate actionable plans to realize and grow profitable business in local market;
- Ensuring compliance and providing feedback in adherence with corporate strategy guidelines;
- Analyzes purchases and sales history from suppliers to detect methods to improve profit margins;
- Establishes positive relations with suppliers and negotiates pricing terms for large projects and contracts;
- Assists with developing and supervising the preparation, issuance, and delivery of sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs; prepares for and attends exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities;
- Implements strategic plans as defined by General Manager;
- Monitors implemented plans and offers feedback to evaluate business forecasts;
- Coordinates strategy with other company personnel involved in other regions when appropriate.
- Contributes to budget planning, forecasting and goal setting for the region.
This position reports directly the General Manager but will work also closely and execute initiatives determined by the National Manager, Strategy and Development.
- Post Secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline plus a minimum of ten (10) year related experience, including a minimum of five (5) years progressive sales with a minimum two (2) years in a management capacity, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Strong leadership and people management skills through supervising, providing feedback and mentoring or skills development;
- Ability to think strategically and fully understand the long-range implications and consequences of business decisions;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and link complex operational and financial issues;
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
PROBLEM SOLVING/OPPORTUNITY IDENTIFICATION
- Assessing performance, providing feedback and initiating changes where required to improve performance of the division;
- Motivating, developing and promoting direct reports within the assigned area to meet the challenges and expectations;
- Aware of the relevant competitive environment and is knowledgeable about market trends, technologies and practices affecting the industry;
- Contributes to strategies to mitigate negative impact of any relevant environmental forces to the business.
ACCOUNTABILITY FOR DECISION MAKING
- Accountable for resolving problems encountered in the field and monitoring the business development results, regularly comparing actual verses budgeted figures.
- Accountable for increasing profitability;
- Responsible for coordinating the development of sales objectives and strategies to meet the expected sales volumes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual desirous of being part of a large, evolving and successful global organization with the ability to impact the future success. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
Internal candidates must inform their immediate supervisor or manager and contact Human Resources Department.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE QUOTE THE LOCATION AND POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Wolseley Canada is an equal opportunity employer.